Production and Facility Manager
Production and Facility Manager
Crow’s Theatre seeks a Production and Facility Manager to join our team. This full-time position provides a unique opportunity for a skilled, organized and energetic individual to take a leadership role in a new facility in the city.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this position works closely with Crow’s productions, co-productions, in-Associations and short- and long-term rentals. Responsibilities include three key mandates:
i) Production and Technical Direction of Crow’s Productions
- Develop, implement and track accurate production budgets and schedules for Crow’s show
- Consult on administration of payroll for all shows and production-related activity
- Manage, monitor, and approve all production-related expenses
- Manage hiring of Production contractors and the oversight of outsourcing builds
- Lead production meetings and attend technical rehearsals and previews
ii) Production and Technical Management related to Rentals and Events
- Assessing and determining the technical requirements for various events and performances, including technical staffing, equipment, seating and cost estimates
- Assist with the interpretation of technical riders and supports, in advance of production and/or event dates
- Consult on scheduling of all use of theaters and rehearsal studios and spaces
- Develop systems and policies to improve efficiencies and processes, as needed
- Assist with show and event production settlements in a timely manner
- Provide manager-on-duty support during festivals, events and shows, as required
iii) Managing Building Operations
- Accountability for preventative and reactive maintenance of theatrical spaces with support of head technicians
- Responsible for capital planning and asset (lifecycle) management
- Develop and maintain departmental budgets for facility management
- Ensure effective management of departmental personnel
- Implementation and oversight of all health and safety policies related to the facility and productions and events
- Oversees venue security, policies, and scheduling
- Direct the activities of technical / production personnel including hiring, training, scheduling, timesheeting, supporting and evaluating and, if required, disciplining and termination
- Minimum of 5 years in production and/or technical management
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated aptitude for the administration of technical production
- Thorough and proven knowledge of the methods, techniques, materials and equipment used in the operation of stage settings, rigging, scenery, lighting, audio and soft-good systems
- Proficiency with relevant computer programs including CAD, Vector-Works, Q-Lab and MS Office applications
- Demonstrable experience in leading technical and production personnel
- Strong understanding of the Ontario Ministry of Labour Guidelines for the Performance Industry.
- A valid Canadian driver’s license is essential, ability to drive a 5-to truck would be an asset
- Exceptional communication and collaborative skills
- WHIMIS Certification is an asset
- First Aid & CPR Certification is required
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule
- Results oriented and proactive, with the ability to multitask, prioritize and work independently.
- Job requires can-do attitude and customer focused approach to deal with challenging situations with integrity and sincerity.
- Ability to work under pressure on many projects and work with people of varying experience levels
- Strong verbal communication skills, diplomatic and leadership skills.
This is a salaried position commensurate with experience. The position includes participation in Crow’s benefits package.
Acceptable Applications must include:
• A current resume
• A cover letter that clearly indicates how you meet the essential criteria
To apply, please email these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org Refer to “Production and Facility Manager” in subject line.
The deadline to apply is June 30, 2017. We thank all applicants, but only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Crow’s is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non- discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.