Crow's Theatre Summer Internship Opportunity
Crow’s Theatre is seeking a Summer Intern to join our team as we prepare for the second season in our new performing arts facility, one of the first in Toronto’s burgeoning East End. This position provides a unique opportunity to play a meaningful role in the start-up of a ground breaking cultural and community hub in Toronto.
The Summer Intern will play a critical role supporting a small and busy team. There will be three primary areas of focus in the position: a) providing production support to the Producer with pre-production tasks for the 2017-2018 theatre season, b) supporting the Associate Producer finalize community programming for the 2017-2018 season, and c) assisting the Development department in managing the donor/patron database.
- Scheduling auditions and rehearsals
- Executing contracts
- Attending production meetings and taking minutes
- Ongoing support as needed
- Meeting with designated community partners
- Collecting programming details and scheduling
- Updating the patron/donor database
- Assisting with planning of development events for the 2017-2018 season
- Other duties as required
- Pursuing post secondary education in theatre, directing or a related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Good time management with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines, and prioritize with minimal direction
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Previous experience working with databases would be considered an asset
- Previous working experience in an arts and/or entertainment company would be an asset
To be eligible to participate, in accordance with the terms of the program funding, the individual must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as a full-time student of a post-secondary instituition in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Contract Dates: July 4 – August 25 (30hrs/week)
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is June 21, 2017.