Volunteer: Be part of Crow’s Theatre!
As a not-for-profit charity, Crow’s relies on volunteers who utilize their talents and interests in a variety of areas to make a meaningful contribution to the theatre and to the community.
Volunteering is a great way to contribute to our work while meeting like-minded people, learning new skills, seeing Crow’s award-winning productions for free, and becoming involved with Toronto’s arts scene. We offer opportunities in many areas of our organization – from assisting at special events and fundraisers, ushering and front of house, administration and marketing, to helping with many other unique projects.
No previous experience is necessary. We are looking for volunteers with an interest and passion for the arts and the local community. Our volunteers are reliable and committed, possess a positive attitude and are friendly, courteous, and respectful with our patrons. In return, volunteers receive a range of perks, including complimentary performance tickets, special VIP discounts, appreciation events, and more. As well, all of our volunteers receive unique discount offers to many of Toronto's attractions!
Don’t worry – scheduling is flexible, so you can participate according to your availability!
Front Of House:
Our volunteer ushers are critical to the smooth operations of each performance. Duties may include:
- Assisting with pre-performance set-up which would include getting programs and tickets ready for patrons
- Assisting with coat check before and after a performance
- Greeting patrons as they arrive
- Collecting tickets and assisting patrons with finding their seating location
- Monitoring patrons and the theatre space during the performance
- Supporting with post performance theatre clean up
- Be an ambassador for Crow’s Theatre and answer patron questions pertaining to Crow’s and its programming
Administration and Communications:
Duties may include:
- Assisting with communication campaigns, e.g. preparing materials and packages
- Light office work and assistance
- Supporting fundraising events
- Assisting our production teams backstage
- Assisting with set, costume and props
- Assisting with classes and workshops
If you are interested in becoming part of our volunteer team at Crow’s Theatre please complete our Volunteer Application and send to our Manager of Patron Services, Jeffrey Stacey at firstname.lastname@example.org