- Soundstreams Presents
- R. Murray Schafer
- Chris Abraham
- Mar 2 - Mar 5, 2017
- 75 minutes, with no intermission
A sensory carnival of music theatre works from the acclaimed Canadian composer’s Patria cycle.
Come one, come all to the cure for the woes of the spirit and the grand malaise we call civilization! Your host, the barker, welcomes you to this concert of musical curiosities from the mammoth Patria cycle by R. Murray Schafer.
Considered one of the most radical and inventive works created in the past half-century, Patriacombines elements from opera, theatre, dance in a hybrid genre the composer calls ‘theatre of confluence.’
Follow Ariadne as she leads you deeper and deeper into the labyrinth, where you’ll encounter sideshows, lovers, buskers, and Tantric experts along the way. Directed by multi-award-winning theatre and film director Chris Abraham (Crow’s Theatre), Odditorium is an auditory experience you won’t want to miss.
Dates & Times
- Thu Mar 02, 2017 – 8:00pm (preview)
- Fri Mar 03, 2017 – 7:00pm
- Fri Mar 03, 2017 – 10:00pm
- Sat Mar 04, 2017 – 7:00pm
- Sat Mar 04, 2017 – 10:00pm
- Sun Mar 05, 2017 – 2:00pm
- Lawrence Cherney - Artistic Director
- Chris Abraham - Director