The Orange Dot
- Produced by Theatrefront
- Sean Dixon
- Vikki Anderson
- Mar 16 - Apr 1, 2017
- 90 minutes, no intermission
Two city workers are called to take down a large tree blighted with termites. The equipment they are meant to use is stuck in traffic, so they wait . . . armed with their smartphones, a stethoscope, an ancient arrowhead, a soupçon of boredom, and a large dose of existential dread about what the world is coming to.
They talk, argue, flirt and while away the morning together. At times, Natalie seems overcome by the tree. At other times, she just seems unable to cope. Joe tries to understand but is ultimately bewildered, until the unthinkable transpires.
An unsettling drama in the vein of Becket’s Waiting for Godot and Pinter’s The Dumb Waiter, THE ORANGE DOT is a blend of absurdity and realism that delves into the dynamics of power, the nature of partnerships and the modern human condition.
(Please note: The Monday March 20th performance will have an ASL interpretation)
- Daniela Vlaskalic - Natalie
- Shawn Doyle - Joe
- Sean Dixon - Playwright
- Vikki Anderson - Director
- Joanna Yu - Set and Costume Designer
- Siobhan Sleath - Lighting Designer
- John Gzowski - Sound Designer
- Ollie Downton - Production Manager
- Carrie Sager - Publicist – Flip Publicity
- AJ Laflamme - Stage Manager