Artistic Direction Internship
Crow’s Theatre Artistic Direction Internship
Crow’s Theatre is seeking an Artistic Direction Intern to join our team as we prepare for the second season in our new performing arts facility, one of the first in Toronto’s burgeoning East End. This position provides a unique opportunity to play a meaningful role in the start-up of a ground breaking cultural and community hub in Toronto.
The intern will play a critical role supporting a small and busy team. There will be two primary areas of focus in the position: a) supporting the Artistic Director and Associate Artistic Director on pre-production for the theatre season, and b) assisting the Development department with coordinating activities and communications.
- Writing briefs and conducting research
- Attending production meetings and taking minutes
- Planning workshops
- Scheduling and coordinating design meetings
- Coordinating development activities
- Supporting communications with the Board of Directors
- Other duties as required
- Pursuing post secondary education in theatre, directing or a related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good time management with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines, and prioritize with minimal direction
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Previous working experience in an arts and/or entertainment company would be an asset
To be eligible to participate, in accordance with the terms of the program funding, the individual must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as a full-time student in a post-secondary institution in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Contract Dates: July 4 – August 25 (30hrs/week)
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is June 21, 2017.